Birth of a New Blog!
Hello there, readers! This is Arcturus, and I’d like to welcome you all to my blog, Paint on the Keys. I made this site to chronicle my journey in learning how to draw art and program software. My username is inspired by the 4th brightest star in the night sky, Arcturus.
A Little About Myself
I’m a college student in his early 20s who is currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, specializing in Software Analysis and Development. Ever since I was little, I’ve been enamored with everything tech related, you’ll always find me typing at a computer or playing a fun video game. So of course, as I grew up, I realized that the best kind of career for me to take was something involving computers. At first I wanted to either be a graphic designer or an IT manager, but my experience and influence from video games as a hobby really drew me to software development. I find the field so attractive because I see it as a way to express myself in an environment I’ve been comfortable with my whole life, and I can have the opportunity to have people experience fantastic stories and settings like the ones I play through all the time in video games.
Recently, I’ve decided to take up Art as a hobby. When I was younger, I always loved reading comics and watching cartoons from all over the world and thinking how cool it would be to develop a nice artstyle and start producing great works myself. Well, I’ve finally gotten sick of leaving my dreams as dreams and am now learning how to draw. I’m only a beginner but I believe I have a lot of potential!
It’s gonna be a tough road learning two different broad disciplines like drawing and programming, but if I stick through with it, I think my determination will pay off in dividends! Imagine becoming skilled in both programming and art, I’d be one hell of a triple threat. I’m also really interested in seeing how these two hobbies can overlap. What can I learn about programming from drawing, and what can I learn about drawing from programming?
Here’s some stuff I like besides art & programming:
- Video Games – Role-Playing Games, or RPGs being my favorite genre
- Anime/Manga – I mainly love action based stuff and comedies. But any series that stands out in a special way is definitely something I’m interested in
- Tokusatsu – A Japanese genre of live action television usually starring superheroes. You know, stuff like Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, and Ultraman.
- Japanese Language – Since 2012 I’ve been studying Japanese on and off with the goal of being able to read native level material
- Music – Being a video game fan, I do listen to gaming soundtracks very often, but I’m also interested in genres like Prog Rock, Hip Hop, and R&B
Surprise, surprise, the aspiring programmer is a total nerd. Expect me to post about the above stuff in-between all my studies on art and tech.
Anyways, that was my brief intro post, keep reading Paint on the Keys to learn more about me and my aspirations!